Explorer notre blog pour des articles, des études sectorielles, des points de vue.
Playground: Kid’s Licensing & Merchandising – How to build a successful brand
Maximising a brand’s potential in the children’s market is increasingly difficult and licensing products now provides a key opportunity to extending its success.
There are however an increasing number of barriers which influence and determine a brand’s success in the children’s’ market. In addition to mums acting as gatekeepers, children are becoming sophisticated consumers from a younger age. There is also mounting competition in an already crowded market place, dominated by a few lead licenses.
At Playground we’ve been working alongside children’s brands for many years, helping to develop and grow children’s licensing opportunities. We believe there are a number of critical considerations that impact on the potential and on-going success of these brands.
- The role of mums:the first point of contact
- The power of TV: content is king
- Product appeal and expectations: Children’s purchasing desires
- Multiplatform channels: Increasing number of digital channels
- Kids as the information source: What and who are their influences
- Perceived social responsibility: Learning by example
- Achieving buy in: Generating broad appeal
- Market context: Understanding how kids engage